Day 638-639 Impetuousness leads to Impending Doom
Well, have you ever had one of those moments? One of those decision making points where all logic flees your mind, and you go with your crazed impulses?
Yeah me too.
I have a race this weekend. I am doing the Xterra Trail Half-Marathon. I registered a few days ago. I've been thinking about this rash decision and come up with this analysis.
Reasons this was an amazingly bad idea:
1. I have all of three runs over ten miles in the last two months. All on flat lands. At extremely slow pace.
2. I haven't run any trails since June.
3. My knee has been aching a bit of late.
4. I didn't really notice there was 2000' of elevation gain until after I registered.
5. Bad weather is moving in...
6. The aid stations have no horse tranquilizers.
Reasons this is an amazingly good idea:
1. Its crazy.
Thus I assume there will be another race report forthcoming sometime after Saturday.
Just for fun here is the elevation profile....
638 1.0 in 11:52
639 2.35 in 25:52